The next training will take place on Saturday 8th May 2021 from 9.30am-4.30pm
The training covers:
- Introduction to HMRC: registering as a freelancer, tax, national insurance and tax returns
- Keeping basic accounts
- Insurance and risk assessment
- Setting fees and balancing the books
- Record keeping, paperwork and confidentiality
- Referral systems
- Deciding on your service, what are your limitations, AfN code of ethics
- Weight management consultation process: forms to use, questions to ask, resources available
- Marketing and offering freebies
- Time management
- Professional development – keeping your portfolio and working in a supervised way
There will be lots of opportunity to explore your own business ideas. This course is not a webinar, although you will learn lots of theory too, it is an interactive session.
Who is the course for?
This course is open to nutritionists registered with the Association for Nutrition, those on AfN accredited courses or those on courses which are eligible for portfolio entry. The course is aimed at UK based nutritionists however it is open to non UK nutritionists. Whether you know you want to go freelance or you are just exploring the idea, this course is for you.
What does the course cost?
The course is £150 per person (plus a £10 surcharge for postage to non UK participants for the online training). Think of it as an investment in your future – £150 equates to a couple of one to one sessions with clients.
Can I get some 1-1 time with the trainer?
OPTIONAL ADD ON: Following feedback I am now offering an add on to this training. The add on is an hour long one to one session delivered over Zoom where you can explore your business ideas further one to one. This is not structured time – you are in charge of the agenda. The add on is £75 if booked with the training, or £100 if booked at a later date.
Why do this training, when others are available?
- Interactive sessions with case studies, exercises and the opportunity for feedback
- Small groups so you have time to have your questions answered
- Handout pack posted to you
- Experienced trainer
What has been said about this training:
“Thank you very much for delivering a great training session. It was very informative, with great examples to help me build my business idea.” Fiona McCallion, ANutr
“Aliya has a knack of making you feel totally comfortable and at ease and at the same time delivers a very professional and detailed course. Highly recommended.” Julia Hayes, ANutr
When is the next training?
Saturday 8th May 2021 from 9.30am-4.30pm
How do I register?
To book please complete the form below, click submit and then follow the appropriate payment button to make your payment. Places will only be confirmed once payment and your booking form are received.