If you have been following my work, you will know that I think it is vital that children learn how to cook. They can start young and that time together in the kitchen can grow into a hobby, a job or just a survival skill.
I was commissioned by World Cancer Research Fund to write 7 family friendly recipes which children could help cook. The result was the Family Flavours recipe book available to download FREE here or buy a printed copy for a small fee.
All the recipes are:
- Free from added sugar (including no honey and no artificial sweeteners)
- Free from added salt
- Free from processed meat
- Green or orange on the nutrition traffic light labels
- Contain at least 1 if not 2 of your 5 a day per portion
- Suitable for children to help cook
- Chicken drumsticks
- Singapore style rice noodles with egg
- Cheesy pasta
- Green pasta